Bompas & Parr Bar Manager (LONDON)
(Contract role initially for six months – Starting 22nd July 2015)
Bompas & Parr is looking for a Bar Manager and cocktail bartenders to join the team on a six-month contract.
The Bar Manager will be responsible for daily running of a temporary themed bar based in Borough Market. Innovation is at the forefront and the drinks delivery mechanic will drive a lot of media attention.
The Bar Manager will lead, energise and motivate a core team of bartenders and successfully manage the daily operation of the bar in accordance with the company objectives.
The Bar Manager will report into the Management team of Bompas & Parr.
• Ensure the bar is operated and maintained to maximise profitability whilst ensuring that
company standards, policies and procedures are maintained
• Monitor and control the quality of drinks and service to make sure they meet the company
• Plan and manage the entire staff rota and work with the Studio Manager to hire bar staff
• Ensure the bar is run to the company and legal standards in relation to hygiene, H&S and
• Handle sales enquiries, tickets and bookings through an online ticket website
• Plan, monitor and order drink stock in accordance with set budgets and requirements
• Manage financial cost of bar staff wages
• Build sales by providing excellence in customer service
• Identify and solve any problems that affect sales and profit and liaise with the Management
team to resolve issues promptly
• Manage the security of the premise, cash and stock
• Oversee cleaning rota and run quality and standard checks
• Monitor maintenance of premis and equipment and report recommended actions to the
• Recruit, train and develop bar staff and team
• Lead and develop staff skill-sets through training and personal experience
• Champion excellence in every aspect of the work
• Encourage and foster a dynamic and energised team
• Ensure the bar team complies with legislation regarding H&S, fire safety and licensing law
• Constantly exceed customer experience expectations by providing excellent customer
service at all times
• Be adaptable and a highly skilled problem solver
• Be able to speak knowledgeably about core aspects of the work of Bompas & Parr and
support the company’s principal aims and objectives
• Communicate regularly and effectively with the Management team and seek support from
appropriate staff at the earliest opportunity should problems arise
• Support and promote the aims and objectives of Bompas & Parr both internally and
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required
• Previous bar management experience essential. – Minimum of three years required
• Management of bar staff essential
• Ability to think creatively and problem-solve under pressure
• A can-do attitude combined with passion, energy and enthusiasm for the drinks and
hospitality industry is a must
The Bar Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Studio Manager from the Bompas & Parr Management team
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
About Bompas & Parr
Bompas & Parr leads in flavour-based experience design, culinary research, architectural installations and contemporary food design.
The studio first came to prominence through its expertise in jelly-making, but has since gone on to create immersive flavour-based experiences ranging from an inhabitable cloud of gin and tonic, the world’s first multi-sensory fireworks and a Taste Experience for the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, officially the best place to taste Guinness in the world.
The studio now consists of a team of creatives, producers, cooks, designers, specialised technicians and architects. With Sam Bompas and Harry Parr the team works to experiment, develop, produce and install projects, artworks, jellies and exhibitions, as well as archiving, communicating, and contextualising the work. Bompas & Parr also collaborates with specialist technicians, engineers, artists, scientists, musicians and many other disciplines to create wondrous events.
The studio works with some of the biggest companies and the world’s foremost cultural institutions to give people emotionally compelling or inspiring experiences.